In Legal Trouble? Get Newmarket Employment Lawyers you can trust.
Our team of Newmarket employment lawyers is a group of zealous advocates experienced in a range of areas, including:
- wrongful dismissals,
- constructive dismissals,
- Human Rights violations,
- shareholder disputes, and
- various litigation work.
Our Team And Our Experience
We are an Employment law firm in Newmarket with more than 10 lawyers working exclusively on employment and labour law issues. Our team’s experience spans a range of legal issues and matters, helping both employers and employees.
Our employment lawyers in Newmarket are experienced in provincial and federal workplaces like banks, airlines, and telecommunication, among other federally-regulated industries.
Our Employment law firm in Newmarket deals with a wide array of issues, including:
- Workplace safety
- Workplace investigations
- Wrongful terminations
- Severance packages
- Executive compensation
- Workplace harassment
- Drafting and review of employment agreements
Newmarket Litigation Lawyers Ready To Get Results
Not only can we manage day-to-day employment and Human Resource Issues, but our experienced litigation lawyers in Newmarket are skilled at handling negotiations and litigation, which is sometimes necessary to maximize your results.
Legal Advice For Employees
If you are an employee going through workplace issues, you want lawyers you can understand. We represent employees in a range of different instances, including:
- Sexual harassment lawsuits
- Racial, sexual, religious, or other types of discrimination
- Wrongful termination suits
- Being denied wage and proper compensation, including tips and commissions
- Being denied overtime page
Other Legal Services we provide employees include:
- Executive Compensation for Executives
- Fired as an Executive? It will be Harder For You To Get Another Similar Position – We Get it. Executive Severance Package Negotiations are not for the weak. Let Us Do the Negotiation and Litigation to Get You What You Deserve
- Human Rights
- Our lawyers help with discrimination day in and day out. Discrimination happens for various reasons, including Race, Gender, Religion, Pregnancy, Disability, and many other forms. Employers will be held responsible for any discrimination that happens under their roof. For articles on the topic, click here.
- Terminations, Severance, and Wrongful Dismissals
- Constructive Dismissals
- Constructive dismissal claims arise when employers bully, harass or change the employment conditions of an employee in an effort to get them to quit. Don’t quit. Contact us today. For articles on the topic, click here.
- Employment Contracts
- We understand getting a new job, and a new employment agreement is exciting -but make sure you review your agreements, so you know what you agree to before you start your new role.
- Ministry of Labour Complaints
- Sometimes the Ministry of labour offers a better mechanism for us to get you your entitlements. However, a lot of the time, the courts are better suited to help employees. Contact us so we can discuss your best options.
- Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation
- Non-competition and non-solicitation cases are tricky, especially if you are in a senior position. Our lawyers help with those cases daily – we can help you too.
- Long-Term Disability
- Our Long-term disability lawyers can help you if your insurance company denies your Long-term disability. Many insurance companies deny claims automatically. Don’t waste your time on internal appeals; call our lawyers today so we can get you what you are owed. Insurance companies deny long-term disability payments to employees who are fully disabled and unable to work. If this is you, contact us so we can help.
Legal Advice For Employers
Whether you are an established employer in Newmarket or the Greater Newmarket region, or you are starting a business, some of the first important steps in setting up your business are drafting your employment agreements, setting up your HR documents, and getting organized in your structure so you can focus on running your business. Our lawyers help with not only negotiations but also litigation if need be.
We offer a full array of essential employment-related legal services to businesses, including but not limited to the following:
For Non-Unionized Workplace
- Compensation and Benefits Plans
- Structuring a benefit plan to attract and retain talent should not cost you more than necessary. Speak with our lawyers about structuring plans that benefit your company and keep your employees happy.
- HR compliance does not need to be complicated. We will help you set up everything you need to maintain health and safety, HR, and other obligations to avoid trouble.
- Constructive Dismissal Complaints
- Employees sometimes claim employers have bullied, harassed, and pushed them away from work. However, we know not all claims are legitimate – our lawyers can help.
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial disputes happen, and our experience in court is an asset in helping you resolve those disputes. Whether it is an unpaid loan, breach of contract, or other commercial disputes, you want our lawyers in your corner.
- Employment Contracts
- Employment contracts change often, and judges regularly rule on their enforceability. The problem is the law around employment agreements is tricky, and you should not use any employment agreement without speaking with a lawyer first.
- Employment Litigation
- Sometimes there are reasons to sue an employee – whether it is theft of Intellectual Property, Solicitation of Clients, or competing with you – we will find the right solution.
- Employee Hiring and Firing
- From drafting employment agreements and offer letters to termination packages – our lawyers will help keep things running smoothly.
- Employee Relations and Corporate Management
- Not everything leads to litigation. Our lawyers can help navigate disputes to avoid miscommunication and lawsuits from your employees regarding day-to-day interactions.
- Executive Compensation
- Compensation for executive employees does not have to be complicated – but it has to be creative. Our lawyers have the right experience to help.
- Ministry of Labour Complaints
- We often help employers navigate employee complaints at the Ministry of Labour to minimize or eliminate liability.
- Human Rights Complaints
- Our lawyers regularly advise and represent employers responding to Human Rights Applications filed by employees.
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Maintaining a safe workplace can be tricky. Our lawyers can help maintain a safe practice, so you have less to worry about.
- Workplace Policies
- We regularly draft workplace policies, handbooks, sexual harassment policies, and health and safety policies, among other Human Resource documents, to help maintain a safe workplace.
- Workplace Investigations
- Companies have to investigate complaints of all sorts. Even without an official complaint, companies have a duty to investigate even the appearance of unfairness, bullying, or harassment. Our lawyers can help investigate and put your mind at ease.
- Workplace Harassment Training
- Whether it is for the management team or the whole team, workplace harassment training not only keeps everyone updated on their obligations – but also instills confidence in employees that you care.
Our lawyers have experience not only in courts but also at the Ontario Labour Relations Board. Whether it is Collective Bargaining or Unfair Labour Practices, our labour lawyers help with everything unionized employers need. Our labour lawyers in Newmarket are trusted for practical expertise in labour-related matters on which clients repeatedly rely. Our labour lawyers can help with various labour issues, including:
- Responding to Unfair Labor Practices
- Unions sometimes bring applications to the Ontario Labour Relations Board for what they call an Unfair Labour Practice – essentially, anything they think is unfair is brought here.
- Common Employer Applications
- Unions sometimes try to join multiple employers or businesses under one common employer to grow the union’s membership.
- Collective Bargaining and Negotiations
- Every number of years, the collective agreement expires, and we advise employers during the negotiations of a new Collective Agreement.
- Applications for Certification and Decertification
- Certification of a union in your workplace could spell disaster for your bottom line. If a union contacts you regarding a vote to unionize, make sure you reach out to our team.
Newmarket Human Rights Lawyers
Whether a human rights violation has occurred is usually only determined with the help of an experienced legal professional and, ultimately, by taking legal action to seek redress. Below, you will find just a few examples of circumstances in which it may be appropriate for you to consult human rights lawyers in Newmarket
- Discrimination on the basis of Disability
- Sexual Harassment
- Discrimination Based on Age
- Gender or Pregnancy Discrimination
- Racial Discrimination
Other common human rights violations include discrimination based on family status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, creed, and place of origin.
With offices in North York, Ottawa, Scarborough, Mississauga, Toronto, Barrie, Newmarket, and Markham to discuss how we can help, call (800) 771-7882, email [email protected], or fill out the form below