Navigate Employer-side Labour Law Issues with Confidence. We’ve Got You Covered.
Achkar Law, your trusted partner in the area of labour law and unionized workplaces. With a dedicated team of labour lawyers who focus on labor relations and union matters, we are your go-to source for comprehensive labour law solutions tailored to the unique challenges. Our deep understanding of Ontario’s labour landscape allows us to provide invaluable guidance and strategic counsel to employers as they navigate the complexities of union relations. Whether you’re proactively seeking to understand the unionization process or managing labour relations within an already unionized workforce, Achkar Law is here to protect your business interests and promote harmonious workplace relations.
- If your business is not unionized, our Employment Law services may be right for you.
What Is Labour Law?
Labour law generally covers the issues that apply in a unionized workplace. Canada’s collective bargaining system is found in federal and provincial labour relations acts and labour codes.
A union that has been certiﬁed as an agent for a particular bargaining unit has the exclusive right to negotiate with the employer on behalf of the employees. Generally, the collective agreement outlines how disputes will be handled. Often, disputes are handled through a grievance and arbitrations process.
Labour Law Services from Achkar Law
Achkar Law labour lawyers can assist with any matters pertaining to the unionized workplace and any applications to the Ontario Labour Relations Board. The help from labour lawyers starts before there are issues with employees or unions. Proactive work starts well in advance.
- Responding to Unfair Labor Practices
- Unions sometimes bring applications to the Ontario Labour Relations Board for what they call an Unfair Labour Practice – essentially, anything they think is unfair is brought here.
- Common Employer Applications
- Unions sometimes try to join multiple employers or businesses under one common employer to grow the union’s membership.
- Collective Bargaining and Negotiations
- Every number of years, the collective agreement expires, and we are consulted to represent employers in negotiating a new collective agreement.
- Applications for Union Certification and Decertification
- Our firm facilitates Applications for Union Certification or Decertification processes, providing strategic counsel and legal guidance to help employers navigate these critical labour relations milestones with confidence and precision.
Contact Achkar Law Today
Ready to protect your business and make informed decisions regarding your unionized workplace? Don’t leave your organization’s future to chance. Contact Achkar Law today and let our experienced team of labour lawyers be your trusted guide through the complexities of labour law.