Employment Lawyers You Can Trust
Employment Lawyers In Ontario
At Achkar Law, we focus our practice on employment and labour law in Ontario and Canada, representing both employers and employees in Toronto and across Ontario. Our legal services for employers cover human resources, terminations, workplace policies, employment contracts and workplace investigations; our services for employees are listed below and cover all areas of employment law that you may to deal with when working in this part of the world.
Employment Lawyers in Ontario
Most employees never have to deal with legal issues in the workplace and consequently are often not familiar with the intricacies of employment law in Ontario and Canada. If you find yourself faced with a workplace legal issue for the very first time and you are not sure how to handle it, call and speak to a member of our team at any time during normal business hours. We can help you with all kinds of employment law issues, such as those listed below:
- Wrongful Dismissal Lawyers– If your employment contract has been terminated, it is always important to speak with an employment lawyer. Whether you believe you were wrongfully dismissed or not, our experienced employment lawyers can help to make sure you receive everything to which you are entitled.
- Constructive Dismissal Lawyers– Employees who believe they have been forced to resign, owing to unacceptable changes to their terms of employment, bullying, harassment, or unacceptable workplace conditions, can bring a constructive dismissal case against their former employers with the help of our team of experienced employment lawyers in Ontario.
- Employment Contract Review and Negotiation – Many employees are so keen to start a new position that they do not take the time to review their contracts or to negotiate specific terms and conditions. We strongly recommend consulting one of our experienced employment lawyers before signing a new employment contract, to ensure that it is fair and equitable to all concerned.
- Ministry of Labour Complaints – In most cases, we recommend taking legal action rather than making a complaint to the Ministry of Labour but if you have already made a formal complaint we may still be able to help, by negotiating with your former employer on your behalf.
- Severance Pay and Notice – Our employment lawyers in Ontario can make sure that you receive the full severance pay and notice package to which you are entitled. Employers almost always pay less than you are owed, so you should consult with an employment lawyer to make sure you receive your entitlements in full.
- Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Clauses – We can help you negotiate more favourable non-competition and non-solicitation clauses with your employer.
- Disability Payments – Whether you are claiming short-term or long-term disability payments, we can help to ensure that you receive your full entitlement under provincial and federal law. Our team of lawyers has a great deal of experience in this field of employment law and will make sure that your interests are protected at all stages of your case.
Whether you are an employer or an employee, you can take advantage of our knowledge and call for a consultation to discuss your legal issues with a member of our team.
Call or email in the first instance and we will be delighted to provide you with all the information you need.