Chief Legal Officer (CLO) Program
HUMAN RESOURCE AND EMPLOYMENT LAW PEACE OF MIND
Strategic solutions companies can rely on for a fraction of the cost of an employment lawyer.
Problematic situations with employees often lead to added headaches, less focus on your work, and even litigation. Do not get caught unprepared! Let us help you develop and maintain a legal infrastructure that protects your organization.
Delaying your human resources and employment law issues will only lead to added legal fees if not dealt with properly.
Chief Legal Officer (CLO) Program ™: accessible and trusted employment law and HR advice for businesses of all sizes.
Get the peace of mind to focus on running and growing your business. Our dedicated employment lawyers help you navigate the human resource and legal issues with your employees to reduce legal liability. Available as needed or on a full-time basis, our CLO program lets you have an off-site lawyer as part of your team, but for a fraction of the cost.
How will the CLO Program Benefit your Business?
Getting straightforward, practical legal advice should be simple. Run your business with confidence by having one of our experienced and skilled labour lawyers, acting as your Chief Legal Officer on deck, at a low cost compared to traditional legal models. Our program will allow you to be proactive and avoid costly legal battles down the line.
Having access to thorough and in-depth legal assistance gives you the peace of mind that you are covered. Legal issues are rarely black and white, and having a deep understanding of the external and internal factors affecting your business can play a vital role in the advice provided. As such, having a dedicated lawyer puts your mind at ease, knowing that your unique case is being considered in the legal advice you are receiving.
What Can We Assist With?
Anything and everything relating to the workplace.
Hiring and Onboarding
- Employment Contract Drafting and Review
- Workplace Policy Drafting and Review
- Interview Training
- Onboarding Training and Support
- Job Duties Analysis
Terminations and Severance Packages
- Termination Package Drafting
- Formation of Internal Processes for Lawful Dismissals
- Determination of Appropriate Severance Packages
Performance Reviews and Management
- Warning Letters
- Final Warning Notices
- Human Rights Accommodation
- Performance Management
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Employment Performance Reviews
- Tailored Criteria for Raises Based on Performance
Policy Compliance and Policy Handbooks
- Drafting and Updating Policy Handbooks
- Workplace Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy and Program
- Smoking and Vaping Policies
- Policy Handbook Forms
Human Rights and Disability Accommodation
- Drafting and Managing Accommodation Requests and Disability Policies
- Functional Abilities Form Review and Job Duty Application
- Identifying and Proactive Tackling of Exposure
Contract and Agreement Drafting and Reviews
- Drafting and Reviewing Contracts Tailored to Specific Industries and Positions
- Determining Options and Risks Associated with Specific Agreements
- Providing Advice on Strategy in Line with Business Needs.
How Does The CLO Program Work?
We have various options available to suit your unique needs.
Quite often, you may have a question or two on how to deal with a day-to-day issue that presents itself, which at times may take only 10 minutes. Without having a go-to lawyer that can respond the same day, you may decide to make a decision that opens you up to liability instead of seeking legal advice –to avoid high legal fees.
The CLO Program allows you to feel confident that you have a workplace lawyer ready, on deck, to help with any questions throughout the course of the year, so that you don’t need to open yourself up to liability and can seek legal advice when you truly need it.